An exclusive sailing hospitality experience is available during Skandia Cowes Week 2005. For the first time, Clipper Ventures, the company chaired by Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, is offering you a fabulous opportunity to combine the excitement of Cowes Week whilst sailing one of the brand new, state-of-the-art 68' Dubois designed yachts. Experience the thrill of sailing a Dubois 68' before the yachts set off on the Clipper 05-06 Round the World Race from Liverpool on the 18th September 2005.
The hospitality and PR opportunities are fantastic; entertain your top clients, suppliers and colleagues on an event to remember. The yachts make a great spectating platform to view the racing, close up to the action, sailing amongst the spectacular fleets that flock to Europe’s premier sailing event. The yachts will start in Royal Clarence Marina, Gosport and spend a thrilling morning of sailing down to Cowes. Guests can learn about sailing a racing yacht, becoming involved or simply enjoying the sailing experience.
At lunch, guests will go ashore in Cowes for a relaxing sumptuous meal at the prestigious Island Sailing Club, taking in the sights and party atmosphere. The afternoon will be spent sailing back to Royal Clarence Marina, veiwing the racing and the scenery of the Solent. Guests will again be welcome to do as much or as little as they choose. This really can be described as ‘something different’, standing out from the crowd at one of the best sailing spectacles in the world.
Skandia Cowes Week is the largest annual sporting event in the UK after the London Marathon, with almost 1,000 yachts and 8,000 competitors taking part. The eight-day event, which has been running since 1826, attracts competitors from many different countries adding an international flavour to the week.
This day is unique; offering your guests an experience that is different to all other corporate sailing events. Do something unforgettable....
Your Hospitality Day includes:
- The exclusive charter of a Dubois 68' for the day's sailing with a professional skipper and crew
- Full mooring facilities at the Royal Clarence Marina, Gosport, Portsmouth
- Tea, coffee and bacon rolls on arrival
- Full safety briefing and yacht familiarisation
- Morning sailing to view the Skandia Cowes week racing
- High quality buffet lunch served at the Island Sailing Club or at one of the many available restaurants in Cowes
- An opportunity to sail or relax on the yacht back to Royal Clarence Marina
- Afternoon tea served on board
- Soft drinks available throughout the day
- Champagne reception back at Royal Clarence Marina
- Complimentary loan of waterproof clothing
- A complimentary gift for each guest
- Attendance of Clipper Hospitality Management
- Safety rigid inflatable boat
Cost per yacht per day as detailed in the Hospitality package:
Monday 1st August 2005 £6,080 + vat
Tuesday 2nd August 2005 £6,080 + vat
Wednesday 3rd August 2005 £6,080 + vat
Thursday 4th August 2005 £6,080 + vat
Friday 5th August 2005 - day £6,880 + vat
Friday 5th August 2005 - evening fireworks on request
Please note: The above cost is based on the maximum of 16 guests per yacht. Corporate sailing merchandise and team photographs can be arranged an additional cost. No sailing experience is necessary, your professional crew and hostess will look after your every need throughout the day.